Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Friends - Loves are my . . .


"You're My Heart, You're My Soul" is the first single from the album, The 1st Album, released by the famous German group Modern Talking in 1984.

It is their best selling single, with sales exceeding 8 million copies and it reached the top of the charts in 35 countries.

The song was initially released in late 1984, but with no success due to lack of promotion. On 17 January 1985, the German TV Show "Formel Eins" played the video of the song, and on 21 January the song entered the German charts on 38, and one week later it reached top 10. It topped the German charts for 6 consecutive weeks.

For the sales it was certified gold disc in Germany, Belgium, France, Portugal, Sweden and Switzerland; platinum disc in Denmark; and double platinum disc in South Africa. In France it was certified with gold disc for sales of 715.000 copies. The music video was filmed in 1984 at the RTL studios in Luxembourg, which was at that time the brand new private television broadcaster for Germany.

The song was re-released in 1998 (remix version) You're My Heart, You're My Soul '98, also gaining big success.


Deep in my heart - there's a fire - a burning heart
Deep in my heart - there's desire - for a start
I'm dying in emotion
It's my world in fantasy
I'm living in my, living in my dreams

You're my heart, you're my soul
I'll keep it shining everywhere I go
You're my heart, you're my soul
I'll be holding you forever
Stay with you together

Your my heart, you're my soul
Yeah, I'm feeling that our love will grow
You're my heart, you're my soul
That's the only thing I really know

Let's close the door and believe my burning heart
Feeling alright come on open up your heart
Keep the candles burning
Let your body melt in mine
I'm living in my, living in my dreams

You're my heart, you're my soul
I'll keep it shining everywhere I go
You're my heart, you're my soul
I'll be holding you forever
Stay with you together

Your my heart, you're my soul
Yeah, I'm feeling that our love will grow
You're my heart, you're my soul
That's the only thing I really know

You're my heart, you're my soul
I'll keep it shining everywhere I go
You're my heart, you're my soul
I'll be holding you forever
Stay with you together

Your my heart, you're my soul
Yeah, I'm feeling that our love will grow
You're my heart, you're my soul
That's the only thing I really know




My favorite version is

No comments: